I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Saturday of the Second week of Lent, March 10, 2012 Audio Homily
- Friday of the Second week of Lent, March 9, 2012 Audio Homily
- Thursday of the Second week of Lent, March 8, 2012 Audio Homily
- Wednesday of the Second week of Lent, March 7, 2012 Audio Homily
- Tuesday of the Second week of Lent, March 6, 2012 Audio Homily
- The Gospel of Human Work, Labor Day 2004, September 6, 2004
- The Conditions of True Discipleship, 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (C), September 5, 2004
- Greater than Jonah, Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent(C), March 3, 2004
- The Immaculate Conception: Prepared to Receive Jesus
- The Annunciation, Renewal at the School of Mary Retreat Part II, November 7-9, 2003