I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- Jesus as the Sign of Conversion and Salvation, First Wednesday of Lent, March 12, 2014
- Praying like Christians, First Tuesday of Lent, March 11, 2014
- Hungering for the Perfection of Charity, First Monday of Lent, March 10, 2014
- The New Adam and the Way to Defeat the Devil's Temptations, First Sunday of Lent (A), March 9, 2014
- How Desperate Are We for the Doctor?, Saturday after Ash Wednesday, March 8, 2014
- Listening to God versus Dialoguing with the Devil, The Anchor, March 14, 2014
- Pope Francis' Personification of the Reform of the Church, National Catholic Register, March 9, 2014
- Never Tiring of Asking for God's Mercy, The Anchor, March 7, 2014
- Pope Benedict's Resignation One Year Later, The Anchor, February 28, 2014
- Journeying To and With Jesus, The Anchor, February 21, 2014
- Being With Christ to Be Sent Forth Together With Him, Second Friday (II), Memorial of St. Francis de Sales, January 24, 2014
- Pope Francis and Sacred Preaching, January 24, 2014
- Adoration, Reparation and Spiritual Motherhood for Priests
- The Worm of Envy, Second Thursday (II), January 23, 2014
- Pope Francis and Priestly Vocations, Formation, Virtues and Ministry, January 23, 2014