I warmly welcome you to this website, put together at the insistence and with the assistance of friends.
During my diaconal ordination, Cardinal Edmund Szoka gave me the following instruction from the Ordination Rite as together we gripped the Book of the Gospels:
"Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are.
Believe what you read.
Teach what you believe.
Practice what you teach."
Those words have never lost their resonance.
Since that day -- October 8, 1998 -- I have tried to live up to that commission to be a "herald of the Gospel," by striving to teach what the Church believes, to practice what I preach to others, and to spread with joy and enthusiasm the truth Christ has entrusted to His church -- in and out of season, in and out of the pulpit.
This website is a chronicle of those attempts.
It constitutes the "five loaves and two fish" (or even less!) that I have placed into the hands of the Lord as an attempt to feed a hungry crowd, confident that, if He wishes, He can multiply and supplement that meager offering to nourish many more (Jn 6:1-14).
Fr. Roger J. Landry
- The Double Dynamism of the Triple Banquet, First Wednesday of Advent, December 4, 2013
- Jesus' Joy and Ours in Sharing the Faith, 1st Tuesday of Advent, December 3, 2013
- The Faith, Humility and Healing of Advent, First Monday, December 2, 2013
- Advent Dynamic Catholicism: Getting Up, Getting Excited, Getting Moving, First Sunday of Advent (A), December 1, 2013
- Learning from St. Andrew to Bring Others to Christ, Feast of St. Andrew, November 30, 2013
- Reading, Practicing and Spreading the Joy of the Gospel, The Anchor, December 6, 2013
- Papal Homework, The Anchor, November 29, 2013
- The Joy of the Gospel, Aleteia Interview, November 26, 2013
- Evangelii Gaudium: The Joy of the Missionary Disciple, National Catholic Register, November 26, 2013
- Continuing to Grow in Faith, The Anchor, November 22, 2013
- Guiding the Young Toward the Gift of Self in Christ-Like Love, November 20, 2013
- The Law of Life as Our Inheritance, Vancouver Study Days, November 20, 2013
- The Dimension of Sign in Marriage, Vancouver Clergy Days, November 20, 2013
- The Sacrament of Marriage, the Dimension of Covenant and Grace in Marriage, Vancouver Clergy Days, November 20, 2013
- Christ Appeals to the Resurrection, Vancouver Clergy Days, November 19, 2013